Friday, August 29, 2008

The Power of Lists

One nifty thing I have installed on my iPhone is Zenbe Lists. As a list application, it's pretty average, but it's got the awesome feature of allowing sharing of lists. Our shopping list is finally electronic, and I can add stuff to it whenever I think of it, rather than having to wait until I'm in the kitchen with a pen.

Another list I've got is my Home Projects list, which is basically just non-work stuff I've been meaning to do for ages but haven't gotten around to. Now that they're on the list, they're getting done. Some things that I've done since they've been added to The List:

  • restructured home network completely, to take use new ADSL 2+ modem (which has been in its box for 18 months
  • converted video on DV tapes to movies we can watch on the computer whenever we want (some movies date back to 2000)
  • fixed the broken soap holder in the shower
  • set up a new Mac for my mother (nearly finished)
  • arranged to do our tax less than 8 months late (we usually do it in February, and it's only August!)
  • bought new chairs for the kitchen, and started painting them
  • booked in to get my full licence
I've never been so organized in my life. It's kind of scary.

No comments: