Monday, January 26, 2009

The Book of Skulls

Just finished reading The Book of Skulls, by Robert Silverberg. It's quite an amazing book - technically in the Fantasy genre, but more an exploration of the minds of four young men. Definitely one of the better books I've read recently. I'd definitely recommend it, and I'll certainly read more Silverberg in the future.

I found a great book shop in Tea Gardens when we holidayed there. It's just a shed in a guy's back yard, but it's wall-to-wall with books (all in plastic zip-loc bags to keep the bugs and sea air out), all at good prices. I get annoyed with all the second hand book shops around that seem to charge 80% of the book's original price - when I grew up we were often at markets and garage sales, and the price of second-hand books was a dollar or two. The books in this shop were mostly $3-$6, so we ended up getting nearly $100 worth. It's on the main street of tea gardens, the one you drive through town on to get to Hawks Nest. If you're in Hawks Nest and like books, go visit it.

No comments: